Education Toasts

A Grain of Corn – A Funny Story About Conformity

One rooster rummaged in a pile of garbage from morning till night. – What are you looking for, rooster? – the other ones asked him. – A grain of corn – answered the Rooster. – But there are corn grains scattered all over the ground! – Ha! On the ground, even a fool can find […]

The Most Difficult Game of Chess

An Inspirational Story About the Most Important Things in Life   I. The Young Man Without a Purpose… Some time ago, a desperate young man headed towards a distant monastery to find a purpose in life. When he arrived, he explained to an elder monk: “I can find no pleasure in life. I am incapable […]

In the Land of Dreams

A Funny Story with a Moral   I. Confucius and the Power of Dreams It is often said that, in his later years, the great Chinese sage Confucius developed a habit of taking a short nap in moments of anxiety. Seconds after waking up, he would gather his pupils once again and share with them […]

The Thief Who Became a Disciple

An Inspiring Story About the Quality of Mercy   It was a quiet night when the prayers of a Buddhist monk, famous for always telling the truth, were disturbed by the rustling of leaves in his front yard. Few moments later, a thief rushed into his room with a knife in his hand, asking for […]

What Decision Really Means – Toast About Decision Making

Here is a short wish and toast about decision making: The Latin root of the word “decide” means “to kill or to cut” (similar to “homicide”, “suicide”, “genocide”.) So when we decide to do something new, without killing something old, we don’t make a decision at all. We make an addition. And making additions is a […]

tree of life quote toast

Live life fully, inspirational quote and toast

Here is a great quote from Michael Landon, which can be used to raise a toast to someone who is starting something new, or when someone is contemplating about making a life decision, be it in education, work, business or love.

Everybody is a genius

Here is a quote toast can be used to wish for passion in learning, or meaning in work, or finding a personal life purpose. It can also be used as a compliment to a person who has a fulfilling career or business. Or, as a New Years toast to wish everyone a purposeful and meaningful […]

Sharpen your axe first! Toast about planning

Benjamin Franklin used to say… “Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I’ll spend the first four sharpening my axe.” Franklin’s words remind me of you. For as long as I’ve known you, you have always sharpened yourself before executing any task. And your efforts show. You are a dedicated student of life. […]

A Wish of Luck – Toast for any occasion

A Wish of Luck – Toast for any occasion

I do not wish you health or wealth, but luck. People who were on the Titanic were healthy and wealthy, but only a few were lucky.

Toast to a Good Start and a Successful Journey

Toast to a Good Start and a Successful Journey

You know that in physics – getting an object at rest to begin moving requires far more energy than it does to keep it moving. Think of a rocket for a second. 90 percent of the power is used in the first several moments, to get the rocket into the air. The other 10 percent […]

Be a Champion in Life

Be a Champion in Life

Four-time Super Bowl winner Chuck Noll said, “Champions are champions not because they do anything extraordinary but because they do the ordinary things better than anyone else.” Of course this is true in all aspects of life, not just in sports. You need to fill many roles in life, – a son or a daughter, a […]

A Conversation Between A Teacher And Student

Professor : You are a Christian, aren’t you, son ? Student : Yes, sir. Professor: So, you believe in GOD ? Student : Absolutely, sir. Professor : Is GOD good ? Student : Sure. Professor: Is GOD all powerful ? Student : Yes. Professor: My brother died of cancer even though he prayed to GOD […]

Inspiring Stories for Personal Growth

Join free to get inspiring stories to your inbox once a month.

You have Successfully Subscribed!